Merz North America Inc.
Effective December 6, 2016
This Site is intended for use only by persons located in the United States. If you are not a United States resident, please navigate to the Merz site for your region here, www.merz.com, and review the privacy policies on our regional websites. If you are located outside the United States and you contact us through this Site, you should understand that the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States, and that by submitting information, you explicitly consent to such transfer.
*As referred to in this Policy “Merz” means Merz North America, Inc. and its affiliates and subsidiaries in the United States.
How do we define “personal information”?
Personal information, as used in this Policy, means any information that Merz uses to identify an individual.
How do we collect personal information about you through our Sites?
Merz collects personal information through the Site in two ways:
Information you elect to give us
You may browse our Site without giving us any personal information. However, if you elect to use some of the services offered on this Site, you may be asked to input personal information. For example, you may elect to give us your contact information (including but not limited to name, email address, postal address, telephone number, etc.), upload a photograph or video or provide other information in order to register as a user of the Site, submit inquiries and feedback to us, request materials and assistance from us, or to apply for employment with Merz.
Information your computer or other electronic device gives us
Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
You have the power to control how and if your computer accepts cookies. Most Web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser’s settings to alert you when cookies are being sent, limit cookies from specific sites, or block cookies from all sites. If you choose to disable cookies for our Site, some features of the Site may not function properly. If you experience any problems, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Web Server Logs
When you access our Sites we automatically collect and store certain information in server logs. This includes details of how you used our service, such as your search queries, Internet protocol address, and device event information such as crashes, system activity, hardware settings, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and referral URL. We analyze log information in the aggregate to help us make our Sites more useful and informative.
- Cookies and Other Data Collection Technologies
Why do we collect, use, and disclose personal information about you?
When you choose to provide Merz personal information about you, we are able to provide you tailored information about our products and services. We generally collect personal information to customize and personalize Merz’s online experience, to match you with service providers who offer Merz products, and to communicate with you about special Merz product offers. In short, we collect personal information to make your Merz experience better.
How do we use personal information about you?
On our Sites, you may provide us with personal information about yourself. Merz may use the personal information that you provide to help you and to help improve our site for future visitors.
We use personal information to help you experience better by:
- providing the products or services you select through the Site;
- responding to your emails or other inquiries or requests;
- contacting you, whether by newsletter, email or postal mail, with information about the Site or our products, services, and promotions;
- connecting you to a health care provider who can provide services to you; and
- providing you access to Merz promotional opportunities such as goods or prizes.
We use personal information make Merz’s online experience better by:
- customizing your experience at the Site;
- administering the Site and;
- requesting your feedback in confidential consumer surveys.
We may also combine personal information we collect with other generally or publicly available information to help us identify your preferences or interests.
How do we disclose personal information about you?
Merz does not sell, rent, or trade personal information about you collected through the Site. We may, however, share personal information with companies, individuals or groups outside of Merz as described below:
- Consent. We may share personal information outside of Merz when we have your consent to do so.
- Subsidiaries and Affiliates. We may share personal information with our subsidiaries and affiliates for the purposes for which you provided the information, or as reasonably necessary for our internal administrative and business purposes.
- Service Providers. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. We will share names, or other contact information that is necessary for the third party to provide these services. These parties are not allowed to use personally identifiable information except for the purpose of providing these services.
- Certain Transactions. We may disclose or transfer personal information or any information collected through this Site to third parties who acquire all or a portion of Merz’s business, whether such acquisition is by way of merger, consolidation, or purchase of all or a portion of our stock or assets, or in connection with any bankruptcy or reorganization proceeding brought by or against us.
- Legal Reasons. We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or pursuant to a legal process, in response to a request from government officials or law enforcement authorities, or if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, or disclosure of the information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of illegal activity, including to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, or to protect against harm to the rights, property, or safety of Merz, our users, or the public.
Who will have access to the personal information about you?
What do we do to protect personal information about you?
Merz will take reasonable steps to protect your personal information as it is collected and transmitted between your computer or device and our online resources and servers, as well as to protect personal information in our possession from unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. If you have reason to believe that personal information about you is no longer secure, please notify us immediately by contacting us at email@example.com.
What do we do to protect the privacy of children?
Children and young people under the age of 16 are requested to get permission from their parent or guardian before they submit personal data to Merz. We do not knowingly collect or use personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 without first obtaining verifiable consent from a parent of legal guardian. Should a child whom we know to be under the age of 13 send personally identifiable information to us, we will only use that information to respond directly to that child, seek parental consent or provide parental notice.
How may you access and update your personal information?
If requested, Merz will provide you with access to your own personally identifying information (e.g., name, address, phone number) that we maintain about you. You can access this information by sending your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. To help us process your request, please provide sufficient information to allow us to identify you in our records. We reserve the right to ask for information verifying your identity prior to disclosing any information to you. Should we ask for verification, the information you provide to verify your identify will be used only for that purpose, and all copies of this information in our possession will be destroyed when the process is complete.
How will you know whether we have updated this Policy?
Merz may update this Policy periodically. We reserve the right to modify, add or remove portions of this privacy statement at our sole discretion. If we decide to change this Policy, we will post those changes at this Site so you always will know what information we gather, how we might use that information, and whether we will disclose it to anyone.
What choices do you have about how we collect, use, and disclose personal information about you?
You can always choose whether or not to provide information on this Site. However, if you choose not to disclose certain information, you may not be able to register as a user of this Site, which may limit your access to certain portions of this Site.
You may choose at any time to remove your name, telephone numbers, and postal and email addresses or any other personal information from any lists we might use to send notices or updates and elect not to receive correspondence from us. Please notify Merz of your wishes by contacting Merz by:
Email at: email@example.com
Merz North America, Inc.
6501 Six Forks Rd.
Raleigh, North Carolina 27615
Merz will endeavor to respond to all reasonable requests in a timely manner upon receipt of a request.
What is our contact address for privacy questions?